Geraldton Walleye Classic Ultimate FANTASY FISHING CHALLENGE (2019)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PLAY OR WIN. THE FOLLOWING PROMOTION IS A GAME OF SKILL INTENDED ONLY FOR LEGAL RESIDENTS OF ONTARIO CANADA WHERE THEIR LOCAL LAWS ALLOW.
These are the official rules (the “Official Rules”) for the Geraldton Walleye Classic Ultimate Fantasy Fishing Challenge (the “Promotion“). The Promotion is sponsored by the Geraldton Walleye Classic and the Kenogamisis Fish and Game, Kenogamisis Lake, Geraldton, Ontario, P0T 1M0 (“Sponsor“). To the extent any advertisers are associated with the Promotion, each such advertiser shall be deemed a “Promoter” for purposes of these Official Rules.
- ELIGIBILITY. The Promotion is open to legal residents of Ontario, Canada, (an “Entrant,” “Player” or “You“). Registration is further described below. The Promotion is void where prohibited by law. Participation in the Promotion constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions. The decisions of the Sponsor regarding all matters relating to the Promotion are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- PROMOTION PERIOD. The Promotion begins on Thursday, May 9, 2019 at 12:00p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on Sunday, June 23, at 6:00 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”)
- PROMOTION DESCRIPTION. The Promotion will consist of one tournament running June 22nd and June 23rd, 2019. A prize will be awarded to the Player whose roster accumulates the greatest weight as specified below. Winner determination, below.
- REGISTRATION: To access the Promotion, visit geraldtonwalleyeclassic.ca and click on the link to “Fantasy Fishing”. To enter the Promotion, you must set up an account (the “Fantasy Fishing Account”).
- “Tournament” shall refer to the Geraldton Walleye Classic fishing tournament consisting of one two-day event.
- “Entrant” or “Player” shall refer to a person who has entered the Promotion in compliance with these Official Rules.
- “Team” shall refer to a real team who participates in the Geraldton Walleye Classic Tournament upon which the Promotion is based.
- “Fantasy Roster” shall refer to a group of exactly ten (10) Geraldton Walleye Classic teams chosen by a given Entrant for the Tournament.
- HOW TO PLAY: a. General. The objective of the Promotion is to accumulate the most weight (see “Scoring” below) over the course of the tournament
- Entry. You may enter the Promotion by first logging in to your Fantasy Fishing Account with your username and password during the Promotion Period and completing the entry by clicking on the “Create Team” button.
- Select Your Roster. You must select ten (10) Anglers to form a complete Roster for the Tournament. Rosters may be changed at will without penalty prior to each event’s Locktime.
Tournament Roster Selection Schedule
All rosters must be selected prior to 11:59 pm ET on Tuesday June 18th, 2019.
(Dates and times are subject to change)
- Scoring. Each Player will have weight added based on his or her selected Roster members’ performance. Standings are determined by player who selects the roster that accumulates the most weight. The Roster that accumulates the most weight will be determined to be first, the second most weight second place and so on. Ties are broken using the tie breaker procedure listed below. In the event the tournament is cancelled for reasons beyond the control of the Sponsor, there will not be an Event Prize Winner.
- Locktime. All Roster changes must be completed by 11:59 p.m. ET on Tuesday June 18th, 2019. Selections submitted after Locktime are considered invalid. If a Player has not set his or her Team by Locktime, the Player’s Roster will be left blank, and zero weight will be awarded.
- Tiebreaker: Players will be given the opportunity to answer one (1) tie-breaker question during the entry process (Tiebreaker #1 below). Answering the tie-breaker question is optional. If a player chooses not to answer the tie-breaker question, he/she will be given a score of zero (0) for Tiebreaker #1 below. In the event of a tie, the pool of tied players will be reduced until only one (1) potential winner for each prize remains by applying the tie-breaker rules below in the order listed. In all cases, an entry that does not win a tiebreaker is eliminated from consideration.
For all prizes, the tiebreakers will be:
- Tiebreaker #1: Closest to total weight for the official weigh-in by the winning roster, in pounds to two decimal places.
- Tiebreaker #2: The entrant whose date of entry creation was recorded in the system the earliest.
- Tiebreaker #3: All remaining tied rosters will be put into a draw and the first name drawn will be considered the winner.
- Umpires, referees and tournament directors. The decisions of the officials responsible for officiating the Geraldton Walleye Classic Tournament shall be final and legally binding regarding the outcome and scoring.
THERE IS A LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON PER TOURNAMENT (REGARDLESS OF THE NUMBER OF EMAIL ADDRESSES OR REGISTERED FANTASY FISHING ACCOUNTS). If more than (1) entry is received per person or e-mail address, that person will be disqualified and not be eligible to win a prize. Potential winners may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that they are the registered individual associated with the winning entry. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Promotion. Tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion is prohibited and any entries deemed by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to have been submitted in this manner will be void. Sponsor’s computer shall be the official timekeeper for all matters related to this Promotion. Entries generated by a script, macro, or other automated means will be disqualified.
Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections, miscommunications, failed phone or computer hardware or software or telephone transmissions or technical failures, garbled or jumbled transmissions or other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical or electronic, including without limitation, the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information online, or for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, destroyed, delayed, stolen, misdirected or illegible entries. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. Once submitted, entries become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
- WINNER DETERMINATION:
Grand Prize Winner: The Player, who’s roster accumulates the largest two-day weight at the Geraldton Walleye Classic, will be declared a potential Grand Prize Winner. Secondary winner will be declared using the accumulated weight of the roster with the next largest weight. If positions are tied the tie breaker process will be followed using the three tiebreaker scenarios.
- PRIZE(S)/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: To BE Determined
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winners will be notified by email and will be required to sign and return, within seven (7) days of notification, an Affidavit of Eligibility & Liability Waiver. Noncompliance will result in disqualification and an alternate winner with the next highest number of points may be notified. The prize package will be awarded within 6-8 weeks after the winner is verified.
- PRIZE CONDITIONS. Prizes returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within seven (7) days after being sent will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Prizes are not transferable. No prize substitution except at Sponsor’s sole discretion due to prize unavailability for any reason, and only then for prize of comparable value. Sponsor reserves the right to award the actual cash equivalent of any prize in lieu of the prize itself. Prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (including without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). All taxes associated with the receipt or use of any prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
Winners are solely responsible for any and all expenses relative to participation in the Promotion (including acceptance of any prize) not specified herein.
- MINORS. If a potential winner is a minor in his/her jurisdiction of primary residence, potential winner’s parent/legal guardian must execute all Releases and agree to all obligations and undertakings required of the potential winner in these Official Rules, both on behalf of himself/herself and the potential winning minor. Prize may be awarded in the name of, or to, parent/legal guardian for the benefit of the minor.
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Entrants agree to abide and be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final on all matters pertaining to this Promotion. This Promotion is governed by, and these rules will be construed and interpreted pursuant to, the laws of Canada. All federal, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. All federal, provincial and local taxes, and all income and any other taxes, fees and surcharges will be the sole responsibility of the prize winner. By participating in this Promotion or receiving a prize, Entrants (and in particular, winners) agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, the Administrator, Promotion Entities, and each of their respective related companies, franchisees and licensees, and all of its respective companies’ officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) for any liability, injury, death, loss or damages to Entrant or any person or entity, including without limitation damage to personal or real property, caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by participation in this Promotion (or related activities) or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of a prize (including any travel or activity related to the prize, if applicable). Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of an offer, administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of the prize. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, or suspend this Promotion for any of the following reasons if: (a) viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, fraud, technical failure or other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion occur; or (b) earthquake, flood, fire, storm or other natural disaster, act of God, labor controversy or threat thereof, civil disturbance or commotion, disruption of the public markets, or war or armed conflict (whether or not officially declared) occur. In such event, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- RELEASE, PUBLICITY: As a condition of participating and/or receiving a prize, Sponsor reserves the right to require potential winners to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and, except where prohibited, a Publicity Release, within seven (7) days of the date stated on the prize notification. Except as otherwise prohibited by law, by participating and/or accepting prize, Entrants and winners grant permission to use his or her name, address, likeness, photograph, and statements to Sponsor and its respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising/promotional agencies for advertising/publicity purposes in any and all media, worldwide, without further compensation or notification.
- VERIFICATION / DISQUALIFICATION / VOID ENTRIES: ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND LEGALLY BINDING. SPONSOR SHALL SOLELY DETERMINE ANY FORM OF VERIFICATION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIBIGILITY AND THE POTENTIAL WINNING ENTRY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS, AFFIDAVITS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY ENTRY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON MAY BE DEEMED A DEFECTIVE ENTRY AND VOID. A potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected (i.e., the person with the next heaviest roster weight) if (i) he/she does not comply with these Official Rules (or is otherwise determined to be ineligible), (ii) he/she does not respond to the prize notice within seven (7) days of its transmission (or receipt, if mailed), or if the emailed prize notice, after two (2) attempts, is returned as undeliverable, or (iii) the prize is undeliverable for any reason. If Sponsor notifies, or seeks to deliver a prize to or otherwise attempts to contact an alternate potential winner, and such alternate potential winner is subsequently disqualified, then Sponsor shall use its reasonable business judgment to determine, in its sole discretion, the disposition of the prize (e.g., may choose another alternate potential winner in a manner consistent with these Official Rules or donate the prize to another entity, or not award the prize, at its sole discretion). Use of any automated system (e.g., robots, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods) or submission of multiple entries is prohibited. Any attempt by any Entrant to use an automated system or to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities or any other methods, will void all of that Entrant’s entries, and render that person ineligible to receive any of the prizes. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void.
- DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW. Except where prohibited, each Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, “Special Damages”), and (iv) Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased.
- OFFICIAL RULES: Will be posted on the Geraldton Walleye Classic Website.
- WINNERS LIST: Will be posted on the Geraldton Walleye Classic website Wednesday June 26th, 2019.
Void outside Ontario, Canada and wherever else prohibited by law.